Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a mid-sized public accounting firm searching for a full-time Senior Bookkeeper/Bookkeeping Supervisor for our downtown Calgary office. Reporting to a Partner, you will have significant experience leading and overseeing the full-cycle bookkeeping needs of a diverse client base as well as a history of successfully managing the workflow of an established bookkeeping team. Some travel (within the city of Calgary) to client offices may be required.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating in a cloud-based environment and proficient supporting clients and other team members with multiple cloud applications such as QBO, Xero, Dext (formerly Receipt Bank).
You are exceptionally organized, have a strong work ethic, a collaborative approach, and an aptitude and desire to lead an experienced bookkeeping team. You are searching for a long-term opportunity and are passionate about overseeing and growing a cloud-based bookkeeping practice.
Some of the benefits we provide to our team include:
• Competitive benefits package
• Healthy work/life balance
• Challenging, diverse work
• Three weeks’ vacation and eight (8) flex days per year
• College/University Diploma in accounting or CPA/CPB designation
• QBO Advanced Certification
• 8 to 10 years’ accurate full-cycle bookkeeping experience including payroll
• Senior level technical skills using various accounting software (i.e., QBO, QBD, Xero, Sage)
• Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
• Self-starter who can adjust quickly to our existing systems
• Experience using and troubleshooting QBO integrated applications and cloud-based technology (i.e. Receipt Bank, Hubdoc, Payment Evolution, Wagepoint, Plooto)
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Significant experience managing a well-established team of bookkeepers
• Assisting clients with cloud-based accounting software set-up and conversion
• Assisting professional team members with questions on clients accounting software
• Ability to prioritize instructions from multiple team members and clients
KMSS is client focused and committed to providing solutions to our clients that will assist them in growing successful, resilient businesses. We are excited about their futures and look forward to continuing to provide them with the tools and technology they need to be sustainable.
If this long-term position interests you and you are looking for an opportunity to assist in the growth and success of a cloud-based bookkeeping practice, we look forward to receiving your resume. Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com to:
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Attention: Human Resources
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.