Position: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Location(s): Canmore, Alberta
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a mid-sized public accounting firm focused in delivering accounting, assurance, tax, and advisory services to entrepreneurs in the Calgary and Bow Valley areas. As one of Canada’s and Alberta’s Top Employers, we have an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant who is capable of working with minimal supervision in our Canmore office. Reporting to the Administrative Partner, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to a team of two partners and an accounting technician.
Some of the benefits we provide to our administrative team include:
• Competitive compensation package
• Three weeks’ vacation
• Eight flex days per year
Skills and Competencies:
The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, be a team player, have previous experience in a professional office, be solutions focused and demonstrate a positive attitude. A strong technical skillset would also be a definite asset. The following administrative skills will be required:
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and a high level of comfort using multiple computer programs to produce in-house reports;
• The ability to be detail oriented, use discretion, and deal with multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Be open to taking on new challenging tasks and be able to problem solve independently;
• Possess confidence and professionalism to ensure effective communication with clients and CRA on behalf of the partners;
• Be reliable, have a positive, “can-do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and a dedication to client service;
• Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a comparable office environment; and,
• Desire to work in a collaborative, team dynamic and be able to anticipate the needs of our team and our clients.
• Full spectrum of administrative duties including preparing financial statements, assembling T4, T5, and T1 tax returns, and the preparation of other financial documents;
• General reception/office duties including answering and redirecting calls, greeting clients and couriers, sorting mail, ordering office supplies, making daily bank deposits, and dropping off mail at the post office;
• Manage the scheduling of meetings, physically prepare meeting rooms, and any support materials or services required;
• Record time and billings and manage several client databases, including set up and maintenance of client portals;
• Scan various communications and file to Document Management system; and,
• Manage and draft a variety of correspondence (electronic or otherwise).
If this opportunity interests you and you feel you have the qualifications and attitude required to be successful in a mid-sized public accounting firm, we look forward to receiving your resume. Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
We would like to thank all the candidates for their interest in KMSS but please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.