Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a mid-sized Calgary based local public accounting firm that truly values all members of its team. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining highly qualified people.
Some of the benefits we provide to our team members include:
• Job security
• Three weeks’ vacation plus eight flex days per year
• $100 towards either a Calgary Transit Pass or monthly parking in the area
As one of Alberta’s Top Employers, our talented and dedicated team members provide the excellent service our clients expect. We offer an extensive range of accounting, tax and business advisory services as well as consulting services to our clients. KMSS serves a diverse clientele ranging from owner-managed entrepreneurial businesses to public companies.
Reporting directly to a Tax Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of technical and administrative functions including acting as a liaison between our Tax Group and Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”). Previous exposure to Tax and a working knowledge completing various tax returns is required to ensure a successful transition to KMSS. Some prior experience with T1’s, notices of assessment, and payroll would be an asset.
This role requires the ability to understand, collect and assemble tax information for follow up discussions with CRA. The ability to effectively communicate with CRA on a regular basis on behalf of our clients is a primary function of this role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge and abilities:
- A positive can-do attitude and a willingness to take on additional responsibility;
- The ability to multi-task and enjoy a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail and experience working in a team dynamic;
- Tax knowledge and a familiarity working with CRA; and,
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
If you are searching for a career as a Tax Technician and this role sounds like the kind of opportunity you want to pursue, please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Visit our website at: www.kmss.ca
We would like to thank all the candidates for their interest in KMSS but please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.