Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP (“KMSS”), Chartered Professional Accountants, is a public accounting firm that truly values all of its team members. As one of Canada’s and Alberta’s Top Employers, we have an exciting opportunity for a Bookkeeper in our downtown Calgary office.
Reporting to a Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the bookkeeping team and other team members within the Firm. Full-cycle bookkeeping directly for clients and reporting to more senior level bookkeepers and partner/managers will be required. Some travel (within the city of Calgary) to client offices may be required.
Some of the benefits we provide to our team include: Healthy work/life balance Challenging, diverse work $100 towards the cost of parking or a Calgary transit pass Three weeks’ vacation plus 8 flex days per year.
The successful candidate will have QuickBooks Online certification, excellent organizational skills, possess the ability to demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated, and demonstrate a professional demeanor and a willingness to ask questions and learn with supervision. The following additional skills will also be required:
- 1 – 2 years bookkeeping experience
- Experience using various accounting software (i.e. QBO, QBD, Xero, Sage)
- Experience using QBO integrated applications and cloud-based technology (i.e. Receipt Bank, Autoentry, Payment Evolution, plooto)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize instructions from multiple team members and clients
- Accurate full-cycle bookkeeping using QBO
- Assisting clients with cloud-based accounting software set-up and conversion
- Comfortable providing training to clients on QBO and its applications
- Effective troubleshooting for clients by phone and on-site
- Timely processing of T1 adjustments, pre-assessments and post-assessments, including directly communicating with clients and with CRA
- Efficient T4, T4PS and T5 data entry including overtime in February
- Accurate entry for marketable securities using Excel and Quicken
- Assist firm team members with questions on clients accounting software
If this opportunity interests you and you feel you have the qualifications and attitude required to be successful in a mid-sized public accounting firm, we look forward to receiving your resume. Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org to:
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Attention: Human Resources
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in KMSS. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.