Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a public accounting firm that truly values all of its team members. As one of Canada’s and Alberta’s Top Employers, we have an exciting opportunity for a Bookkeeper in our downtown Calgary office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the bookkeeping team and other team members within the Firm. Full-cycle bookkeeping directly for clients and reporting to more senior level bookkeepers and partner/managers will be required. Some travel (within the city of Calgary) to client offices may be required.
Some of the benefits we provide to our team include:
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthy work/life balance
- Challenging, diverse work
- Three weeks’ vacation and eight (8) flex day per year
The successful candidate will have QuickBooks Online (“QBO”) certification, excellent organizational skills, possess the ability to demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated, and demonstrate a professional demeanor and a willingness to ask questions and learn with supervision. The following additional skills will also be required:
• 1 to 2 years’ bookkeeping experience
• Experience using various accounting software (i.e. QBO, QBD, Xero, Sage)
• Experience using QBO integrated applications and cloud-based technology (i.e. Receipt Bank, Hubdoc, Payment Evolution, Wagepoint, Plooto)
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to prioritize instructions from multiple team members and clients
• Accurate full-cycle bookkeeping using QBO, Xero or QBD
• Processing and accounting for regular payroll
• Assisting clients with cloud-based accounting software set-up and conversion
• Providing training to clients on QBO and its applications
• Troubleshooting for clients by phone and on-site
• Assisting firm team members with questions on clients accounting software
If this opportunity interests you and you enjoy the challenge of full cycle bookkeeping for clients of a public accounting firm, we look forward to receiving your resume.
Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com to:
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Attention: Human Resources
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in KMSS. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.