Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a public accounting firm that truly values all its team members. We have an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our downtown Calgary office. Reporting to the Administrative Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to a number of partners and managers.
Some of the benefits we provide to our permanent team members include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Three weeks’ vacation and eight flex days per year
- $100 per month towards the cost of parking or transit pass
- Mentor and health and wellness programs
Skills and Competencies:
The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, be a team player, have previous experience in professional practice, be solutions focused and demonstrate a positive attitude. A strong technical skillset would also be a definite asset. The following administrative skills will be required:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and a level of comfort using multiple computer programs to produce in-house reports (please note that we will be administering a skills test to the short list of candidates);
- The ability to be detail oriented, use discretion, and deal with multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Be open to taking on new challenging tasks and be able to problem solve independently;
- Be reliable, have a positive, “can-do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and a dedication to client service;
- One to three years experience working in an office environment; and,
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team dynamic.
- Full spectrum of administrative duties such as financial statement and tax return assemblies
and preparation of other financial documents;
- Typing extensive tax related documentation in Word;
- Manage the scheduling of meetings, and any support materials or services required;
- Record time and billings and manage our several client databases, including set up and maintenance of client portals;
- Scan various communications and file to iFirm system;
- Manage and draft a variety of correspondence (electronic or otherwise); and,
- Provide reception relief.
If this opportunity interests you and you feel you have the qualifications and attitude required to be successful in a mid-sized public accounting firm, we look forward to receiving your resume.
We would like to thank all the candidates for their interest in KMSS but please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.