Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a mid-sized public accounting firm that truly values all of its team members. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talented, qualified people.
Some of the benefits we provide to our management team include:
- Challenging, diverse work
- Four weeks’ vacation and 8 flex days per year
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Annual bonus
- Monthly parking paid for by the firm
Our team of dedicated professionals is focused on providing excellent service to our clients. They thrive in a collaborative team environment that offers an extensive range of accounting, tax, and business advisory services as well as consulting services to our clients. KMSS serves a diverse clientele ranging from owner-managed entrepreneurial ventures to public companies. This will provide you with the opportunity to work with a range of companies in a variety of industries, thus supporting your professional career growth.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting and Assurance Manager who has experience working in a mid-sized public accounting firm and managing an engagement team made up of Partners, Managers, and junior team members. Our managers need to enjoy acting as a liaison between our clients and the firm and require the ability to establish and sustain meaningful relationships with our clients. Preference will be given to candidates with previous mid-size public accounting experience and individuals familiar and comfortable managing multiple engagements simultaneously.
The ideal designated CPA will have a minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience and the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- experience preparing and reviewing Notice to Reader, Review, and Audit engagements;
- senior level knowledge preparing and reviewing corporate and personal income tax returns as well as other CRA filings;
- supervisory skills including resolving file issues and helping manage workflow;
- ability to manage and prioritize multiple files and projects in a deadline orientated environment;
- technical skills including familiarity with the latest changes to GAAP;
- ability to set and monitor budgets during the preparation of files;
- experience with software including iFirm, Caseware, Taxprep, and Microsoft Office;
- enjoys assisting in the development of CPA students and providing feedback;
- strong written and interpersonal communication skills dealing with a variety of clients and team members; and,
- participation in the mentorship and growth of our team.
As a Manager, you will be providing high-quality client service to our clients, Partners and our team. You will be involved in a variety of file engagements and effectively building strong relationships by demonstrating a high degree of leadership, integrity, interpersonal and communication skills, along with strong technical expertise.
If you are an experienced public accounting Manager, enjoy working directly with a diverse client base, and thrive in an environment that provides challenging, diverse engagements, please email your cover letter and resume to:
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in KMSS.
Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.