Position ID: 2016105
Location(s): Calgary, Alberta
Potential Start Date: Open
Posting Date: July 20, 2016
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a mid-sized public accounting firm that truly values all of its team members. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talented, qualified people.
Some of the benefits we provide to our management team include:
- Healthy work/life balance
- Challenging, diverse work
- Four weeks’ vacation and 8 flex days per year
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Annual bonus
- Monthly parking paid for by the firm
As one of Canada’s and Alberta’s Top Employers, our talented and dedicated team members provide the excellent service our clients expect. We offer an extensive range of accounting, tax and business advisory services as well as consulting services to our clients. KMSS serves a diverse clientele ranging from owner-managed entrepreneurial ventures to public companies. This will give you the opportunity to work with a range of companies in a variety of industries, thus supporting your professional career growth.
We are currently recruiting for A&A Managers who have experience working in a mid-sized public accounting firm and managing an engagement team made up of Partners, Managers and other team members. Our managers need to enjoy acting as a liaison between our clients and the firm and require the ability to establish and sustain meaningful relationships with our clients.
The ideal designated accountant will have a minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience and the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- experience preparing and reviewing Notice to Reader, Review, and Audit engagements;
- senior level knowledge preparing and reviewing corporate and personal income tax returns as well as other CRA filings;
- supervisory skills including resolving file issues and helping manage workflow;
- ability to manage and prioritise multiple files and projects in a deadline orientated environment;
- technical skills including familiarity with the latest changes to GAAP;
- ability to set and monitor budgets during the preparation of files;
- experience with software including Caseware, Taxprep, and Microsoft Office;
- enjoys assisting in the development of CPA students and providing feedback;
- strong written and interpersonal communication skills dealing with a variety of clients and team members; and,
- participation in the mentorship and growth of our team.
As a Manager, you will be providing high-quality client service to our clients, Partners and our team. You will be involved in a variety of file engagements and effectively building strong relationships by demonstrating a high degree of leadership, integrity, interpersonal and communication skills, along with strong technical expertise.
If you are interested in joining Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Attention: Human Resources, Suite 1500, 333 – 11th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2R 1L9, Email: email@example.com
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in KMSS.
Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.