Position ID: 2016102
Location(s): Calgary, Alberta
Potential Start Date: Open
Posting Date: June 23, 2016
Position Closing Date: This Position is Closed
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a public accounting firm that truly values all of its team members. As one of Canada’s and Alberta’s Top Employers, we have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our downtown Calgary office. Reporting to the Administrative Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to a number of partners and managers.
Some of the benefits we provide to our administrative team include:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Three weeks’ vacation and eight flex days per year
- $100 per month towards the cost of parking or transit pass
- Mentor and health and wellness programs
The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, be a team player, have previous experience in professional practice, be able to anticipate the needs of those you support, and the desire to work in a busy, dynamic environment. A strong technical skillset would also be a definite asset. The following administrative skills will be required:
- Advanced or senior level Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint (please note that we will be administering a skills test to the short list of candidates);
- The ability to be detail oriented and use discretion;
- Possess confidence and professionalism when dealing with the firm’s clients on behalf of the partners and/or managers;
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic;
- Minimum 4 – 6 years’ experience working in an office environment, preferably in professional practice; and,
- Ability to work independently.
- Full spectrum of administrative duties such as financial statement and tax return assemblies and preparation of other financial documents;
- Manage the scheduling of meetings, physically prepare meeting rooms, and any support materials or services required;
- Record time and billings and manage our several client databases, including set up and maintenance of client portals;
- Manage and draft a variety of correspondence (electronic or otherwise); and,
- Provide back-up coverage for Receptionist.
If this opportunity interests you and you feel you have the qualifications and attitude required to be successful in a mid-sized public accounting firm, we look forward to receiving your resume. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to: This position is now closed.
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP, Attention: Human Resources
Suite 1500, 333 – 11th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 1L9
We would like to thank all the candidates for their interest in KMSS
but please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.