One of our locally-owned clients, a Calgary investment firm focused on real estate development, currently has an opportunity for a full-time Senior Financial Controller in its vibrant downtown location. This role will report to the President and CEO, work closely with Corporate Finance, and oversee and mentor a small office team.
As Senior Financial Controller, you will become a key partner in developing, monitoring and evaluating the overall corporate strategy with a focus on bottom line financial and operating performance, while enhancing investor and shareholder value.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and be responsible for developing strategic initiatives including analytics, predictive modeling and strategic planning for a commercial real estate company. Preference will be given to candidates with small business experience.
In attracting top talent, some of the benefits our client provides include:
- Competitive salary
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Reimbursement of annual CPA professional dues
- Monthly paid parking
- Three weeks’ vacation
This position requires a Canadian CPA designation and someone who is diligent, self-motivated, and driven with a desire to exceed targets and initiatives. Previous success in a real estate development dynamic would be an asset as well as exceptional communication skills and a proven leadership and mentorship record. You will have a strong working knowledge of QuickBooks and possess an advanced level of Excel knowledge and expertise.
The designated accountant will have 5 to 8 years post designation experience. Some of the key functions of this role include:
- Maintaining executive responsibility for financial operations including working capital, capital expenditures, debt levels, taxes, budget and general accounting;
- Managing processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidations, planning and analysis;
- Developing and directing financial plans to deliver the strategic business plan, company growth and market opportunities and direction;
- Defining the financial strategy and providing useful financial insights to help make the best decisions regarding the executive business strategy;
- Establishing and maintaining stable cash flow management policies and procedures, and ensuring cash resources are available for daily operations
- Setting up and/or overseeing all financial and operational controls and metrics within the organization;
- Analyzing current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness;
- Managing investors, Shareholders, and outside lending/equity relationships;
- Preparing financial reports to ensure compliance with GAAP and other entity requirements; and,
- Building, leading, and directing the finance and accounting team.
If the opportunity to work as a Senior Financial Controller in an entrepreneurial environment focused on developing world class urban work-live-play projects intrigues you, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.