Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a mid-sized public accounting firm focused in delivering accounting, assurance, tax, and advisory services to entrepreneurs in the Calgary and Bow Valley areas. As one of Canada’s and Alberta’s Top Employers, we have an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Technician in our Canmore office.
Some of the benefits we provide to our team include:
- challenging, diverse work
- healthy work/life balance
- three weeks’ vacation and 8 flex days per year
Qualified candidates will be individuals with two to three years’ public practice experience and individuals who possess the ability to work in a small office setting.
Ideal candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- strong full-cycle bookkeeping skills;
- experience preparing notice to reader engagements;
- knowledge of the Handbook and tax legislation;
- experience preparing and reviewing T1’s, T4’s, and T5’s, including directly communicating with clients and with CRA;
- preparing financial statements and corporate income tax returns;
- experience using software including Caseware, Taxprep, and Microsoft Office; and,
- strong written and interpersonal communication skills dealing with a variety of clients and team members.
You will be providing high quality client service to our clients, partners and our team. You will be working on a variety of engagements and effectively building strong client relationships by demonstrating a high degree of initiative, excellent project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are looking for a career as an Accounting Technician in public practice, please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in KMSS. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.