We are pleased to share commentary on the 2018 federal budget. This commentary does not originate from our office. Our subscription to the commentary allows for us to distribute it to our clients. We hope you find it useful.
Below are some of the budget highlights:
- No change to the personal and corporate tax rates, nor inclusion rate on taxable capital gains.
- $1.7 billion over five years to support research in big data.
- $40 billion over ten years to create 100,000 new housing units and repair 300,000 units as part of the National Housing Strategy.
- $1.4 billion in financing over three years for women entrepreneurs through the Business Development Bank of Canada.
- $116 million over five years to the RCMP to support the National Cybercrime Coordination Unit.
- $360 million over three years towards an Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care Framework for First Nations, Inuit and Metis Nation children.